[NTG-context] Urdu with NotoNastaliqUrdu-Regular.ttf

Deepak Jois deepak.jois at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 12:49:14 CET 2015


On Sat, Nov 28, 2015 at 3:56 PM, Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> wrote:
> something cursive but anyhow, there us no urdu language (dflt has to be
> used)

I reported the bug originally. I changed the fontspec directive in my
test file to not specify the language. I got a better output, but
still pretty bad.

Details w/ screenshot:
https://github.com/lualatex/luaotfload/issues/292#issuecomment-160283333

Deepak

PS:  Btw fontspec does not complain about the language. In XeTeX, my
experience has been that if a language is not present, it logs a
message to stdout. I am not sure if fontspec on LuaLaTeX has the same
behavior, but I did not see a message complaining about language.

Also, here is the otfinfo output:

$> otfinfo -s NotoNastaliqUrdu-Regular.ttf
arab            Arabic
arab.ARA        Arabic/Arabic
arab.FAR        Arabic/Farsi
arab.KSH        Arabic/Kashmiri
arab.SND        Arabic/Sindhi
arab.URD        Arabic/Urdu
dflt            <unknown script>
latn            Latin


More information about the ntg-context mailing list