[NTG-context] natural tables and columndistance/spaceinbetween

Alan BRASLAU alan.braslau at cea.fr
Thu Nov 26 02:44:54 CET 2015

In natural tables
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/TABLE

the parameters
  columndistance=dimension,
and
  spaceinbetween=dimension,
will set the gaps between columns and rows, respectively.

Is there some way of specifying row gaps for specific rows?
For example, say that I only want a gap after the first row.
I tried:

\bTABLE
  \bTR [spaceinbetween=.25em]
     \bTD 1 \eTD
     \bTD 2 \eTD
  \eTR
  \bTR
     \bTD A \eTD
     \bTD B \eTD
  \eTR
  \bTR
    \bTD a \eTD
    \bTD b \eTD
  \eTR
\eTABLE

Alternately, I tried
\setupTABLE [r][1][spaceinbetween=.25em]

but these do not work.

One might think about trying

  \bTR [bottomframe=on,framecolor=white,rulethickness=.25em]
  \eTR

but this presents several problems:
1) When using background=color, the background color gives a hairline
overflow beyond the rule, at least using the pdf viewers that I have on
my computer.
2) there appears to be some interference between setting rulethickness
and columndistance, so that spaces between columns disappear when
putting a thick bottomframe. Of course, one could kludge a column
separation using a rightframe, but this is not satisfactory.
3) The use of a white rule when one really wants to leave some space is
not very satisfying.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks

Alan