[NTG-context] Arranging columns (rotated U-Shape). Do you know a way to do in ConTeXt (with or without column sets)?

Leonard Siebeneicher leonard7e at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 21 08:57:47 CET 2015

Dear readers,

I am not sure that I explained my goal that well. It is about using
context for a column-based monthly journal.
Trying to achieve similar layout with context as I achieved with
InDesign before, I ran into problems I cannot resolve.

The U-Shape overlaps columns in a way I cannot achieve, but this is
meant to be a simpler case of something more general.

AAAAAAAAAAAA | UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

AAAAA  AAAAA | UUUUU  IMAGE_IMAGE_  UUUUU
AAAAA  AAAAA | UUUUU  IMAGE_IMAGE_  UUUUU
AAAAA  AAAAA | UUUUU  IMAGE_IMAGE_  UUUUU
AAAAA  AAAAA | UUUUU  IMAGE_IMAGE_  UUUUU
AAAAA  AAAAA | UUUUU                UUUUU
-------------+ UUUUU  UUUUU  UUUUU  UUUUU
BBBBBBBBBBBB | UUUUU  UUUUU  UUUUU  UUUUU
              | UUUUU  UUUUU  UUUUU  UUUUU
BBBBB  BBBBB | UUUUU  UUUUU  UUUUU  UUUUU
BBBBB  BBBBB | UUUUU  UUUUU  UUUUU  UUUUU
BBBBB  BBBBB | UUUUU  UUUUU  UUUUU  UUUUU
BBBBB  BBBBB | UUUUU  UUUUU  UUUUU  UUUUU
BBBBB  BBBBB | UUUUU  UUUUU  UUUUU  UUUUU

It shows three articles (marked with letters A B and U).
I hope this email shows font in fixed width on your email-client.

You can see how columns are arranged. I do not have any idea how to
achieve such layout with ConTeXt at the moment.

On the current journal I layout it would be enough to achieve the
simpler rotated U-Shape.

Regards,
Leonard