[NTG-context] just some questions

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at gmx.es
Thu Nov 19 21:44:18 CET 2015

On 11/19/2015 09:15 PM, Carlos wrote:
> Pablo, simply put, the system fonts, with the module simplefonts, can't be found.
>
> Was OSFONTDIR exported? Yes.
> Was the path specified correctly? Yes. In my case was /usr/share/fonts

Which is the output from "kpsewhich --var-value=OSFONTDIR"?

AfaIk, you should get /usr/share/fonts// (double slash to handle
subdirectories).

> What command was used afterward? The mtxrun --script fonts --reload.

You could try (after fixing path above when needed) "mtxrun --script
fonts --reload --force".

> Did you try other commands? Yes. Most notably context --generate, context
> --make, luatools.

I think these are unrelated tools (although I’m not an expert).

> When was the first time the condition appeared? Some time last week,
> after reading complaints from other computer users, who think texlive as
> it's currently distributed, is disrespectful to users, e.g. most people
> would not need every other package out there. (Of course, the above is
> just not correct). But the other most readily option, is to install the
> packaged distribution for ubuntu. The latter is what I did.

For ConTeXt, I think it is better you use the ConTeXt Suite (an
standalone ConTeXt distribution).

As a matter of fact, I don’t have TeX Live (or LaTeX) installed. I only
use the ConTeXt Suite (http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Standalone).

I hope it helps (complain back, if it doesn’t :-)),

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk