[NTG-context] How to scale an external figure from lua ?

josephcanedo at gmail.com josephcanedo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 22:12:10 CET 2015

Dear all,

I am trying to write some lua code that loads some pdf file and scales it. I have the following code (got from previous question here to get number of pages from a pdf and from source files).

 local figure = figures.push { name = filename, scale = N } -- scale value does not seem to be taken in account
 assert(figure, 'Could not load figure from file ' .. filename)
 figures.identify()
 figures.check()
 figures.dummy() -- needed ?
 figures.scale() -- how to pass the scaling factor ?
 local d = figures.done()
 print('Scales ' .. figure.status.xscale .. ' ' .. figure.status.yscale) -- outputs Scales 1 1
 figures.pop()

Hoping that’s possible to do in lua code and my questions are not too dumb (still a beginner in ConTeXt).

Many thanks for your help,

Best regards

JC