[NTG-context] \setfirstline Inside columns environment does not seem to work

josephcanedo at gmail.com josephcanedo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 15:03:50 CET 2015

Dear all,

I would like to use the first line specific style magic but I cannot make it to work within 2 column text. I give a simple example (I’ve modified from previous post example on this list). Is that expected ? If you uncomment the \startcolumns and \stopcolumns below, the first line style disappears (both bigger font line and dark blue 2 first words).

I use standalone ConTeXt (installed 1 week ago or so).

$ context --version

mtx-context     | ConTeXt Process Management 0.62
mtx-context     |
mtx-context     | main context file: c:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/context.mkiv
mtx-context     | current version: 2015.10.09 21:28

Thanks

Best

Joseph Canedo

\setupbodyfont[pagella]

\starttext

% \startcolumns[n=2]

\setupindenting[medium,yes]
\setupalign[tolerant]

\definefirstline
[fancy]
[alternative=line,
style=\tfd]

\setfirstline[fancy] \input tufte \par
\setfirstline[fancy] \input ward \par
\setfirstline[fancy] \input knuth \par
\setfirstline[fancy] \input bryson \page

\definefirstline
[fancy]
[alternative=word,
color=darkblue,
style=bold,
n=2]

\setfirstline[fancy] \input tufte \par
\setfirstline[fancy] \input ward \par
\setfirstline[fancy] \input knuth \par
\setfirstline[fancy] \input bryson \page

% \stopcolumns