[NTG-context] Bug with ConTeXt and pgfplot library fillbetween

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 10:53:58 CET 2015

> Aditya Mahajan <mailto:adityam at umich.edu>
> 24. Oktober 2015 um 20:45
> On Fri, 23 Oct 2015, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>

> Thanks!
>
> What is the easiest way to fix this (without patching tikz)?
Ensure that | has always the same catcode in math mode independant of
the catcode in text mode like _ and ^.
> I thought that
>
> \pushcatcodetable
> \usemodule[pgfplots]
> \usepgfplotslibrary[fillbetween]
> \popcatcodetable
>
> should work, but it does not. Why?
>
> Surrounding by \unprotect ... \protect does work, so I am wondering
> what is the difference between the two?
When you use \unprotect … \protect context changes the catcode table
between the group but when you only use push and pop this isn’t the case.

Below is a simplified version of your example where the catcode change
remains even when I try to restore the default settings with
\catcodetable\ctxcatcodes but I don’t now if this is a bug.

\starttext

\the\catcode`|

\catcode`|=12

\catcodetable\ctxcatcodes