[NTG-context] Question on how to simple numbered sections or other headings

josephcanedo at gmail.com josephcanedo at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 17:08:41 CET 2015

Hello all,

I have an another newbie ConTeXt user question (very powerful but the learning curve is a bit steep at least for me 😊). Sorry if this is documented in the Wiki but could not find an example to do this.

I would like to have text splitted in chapters (or sections) with some title, which I can do fine and have these divided in sections (or subsections) whose title is just for example: Chapitre 1, Chapitre 2, … ie a simple label + a counter after it.

How can I do this please ? I tried using \setupheads[number=no] to not print the number at left side of title but this makes \structurenumber or \headnumber[section] empty.

Basically what is a way to have (for example):

Chapitre 1

instead of

1 Chapitre

Many thanks