[NTG-context] disabling ligatures in selected words

Thomas A. Schmitz thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Fri Oct 23 20:51:11 CEST 2015

Hi,

in German typography, ligatures are disabled at boundaries between what
used to be independent words (Wortfugen). Thusly, in a correct German
text, you'd find

Anflug (with fl-ligature) but

Auf|lage (without ligature).

I know that I can prevent a ligature with something like Auf\/lage or
even Auf|*|lage. However, I typeset from xml and would much rather have
a general solution so I can leave my generated xml files alone.
Something like a list where I could list "ligature exceptions" the way
we have a file with hyphenation exceptions. Is anything like this possible?

Thanks

Thomas