[NTG-context] PDF/UA Support

Peter Rolf indiego at gmx.net
Tue Oct 20 15:26:19 CEST 2015

Am 20.10.2015 um 09:12 schrieb Hans Hagen:
> On 10/20/2015 4:35 AM, Andrew Dunning wrote:
>>
>>> On 19 Oct 2015, at 5:33 PM, Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> wrote:
>>>
>>> Indeed context supports tagged pdf already for a while, although only
>>> acrobat can do something with it. Making it default is not really an
>>> option as there is overhead involved (a bit more runtime and much
>>> larger filesize) that makes no sense when proofing documents and in
>>> workflows for print, but enabling is easy with
>>>
>>> \setuptagging[state=start]
>>
>> Thank you! Would it also be possible to have something to the effect
>> of `\setupbackend[format={pdf/ua:2014}` to set up the appropriate
>> options?
>
> you have to discuss that with Peter Rolf as he is the one who keeps an
> eye on all possible combinations of settings for pdf standards (and
> checks with validators)

Will look into it (sorry, but I am kind of ignorant to new standards,
that I don't use myself) :D

I can only hope that the validator (@Luigi: thanks for the link) does a
good job, as my ancient Acrobat Pro 9 doesn't know the standard. It will
also take some time to gather the (free available) information, but I
don't see a general problem now. I'll report back in a few days.