[NTG-context] setting lineheight in embedded xtables

Thomas A. Schmitz thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Mon Oct 19 12:48:12 CEST 2015

Hi,

I have a small problem with adjusting the height of embedded xtables.
Here's my example (the colors are there just to see that all the setups
are read and applied):

\startbuffer[test]
<text>
     <bilingual>
       <bilingualrow>
	<bilingualcell>
	  First line of text
	</bilingualcell>
	<bilingualcell ny="2">
	  This is the translation. It is slightly longer than the width of the
paragraph.
	</bilingualcell>
       </bilingualrow>
       <bilingualrow>
	<bilingualcell>
	  Second line of text
	</bilingualcell>
       </bilingualrow>
     </bilingual>
     <bilingual>
       <bilingualrow>
	<bilingualcell>
	  third line of text
	</bilingualcell>
	<bilingualcell ny="3">
	  An even longer translation which should span three rows of the table.
	</bilingualcell>
       </bilingualrow>
       <bilingualrow>
	<bilingualcell>
	  fourth line of text
	</bilingualcell>
       </bilingualrow>
       <bilingualrow>
	<bilingualcell>
	  fifth line of text.
	</bilingualcell>
       </bilingualrow>
     </bilingual>
</text>
\stopbuffer

\startxmlsetups xml:somesetups
    \xmlsetsetup{#1}{text|bilingual|bilingualrow|bilingualcell}{xml:*}
\stopxmlsetups

\xmlregistersetup{xml:somesetups}

\startxmlsetups xml:text
    \xmlflush{#1}
\stopxmlsetups

\startxmlsetups xml:bilingual
	\startembeddedxtable [Bilingual]
	  \xmlflush{#1}
	\stopembeddedxtable
\stopxmlsetups

\startxmlsetups xml:bilingualrow
   \startxrow
[height=\the\baselineskip,background=color,backgroundcolor=gray]
		\xmlflush{#1}
	\stopxrow
\stopxmlsetups

\startxmlsetups xml:bilingualcell
	\startxcell [width=0.4\textwidth,align=normal,ny=\xmlattdef{#1}{ny}{1}]
		\xmlflush{#1}
	\stopxcell
\stopxmlsetups

\setupxtable [Bilingual]
	[option=stretch,
	 frame=on,
	align=normal,
	 columndistance=1em,
	 foregroundcolor=darkred]

\starttext
    \xmlprocessbuffer{main}{test}{}
\stoptext

Problem: while the fist table <bilingual></bilingual> follows the height
assignment for table rows, in the second table, the lines are much
higher. When I try to reproduces in a TeX file and apply the
height=\the\baselineskip to every row individually, it works. What's
going wrong here?

All best

Thomas