[NTG-context] Regression with \doboundtext in \writetolist

Rik rik at panix.com
Sun Oct 11 21:20:37 CEST 2015

On 2015-10-11 12:56, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> Is \limitatetext a option for you because unlike \doboundtext the
> command is unexpandable?
>
> \starttext
>
> \doboundtext {Thus, I came to the conclusion that the designer of a
> new system ...}{.5\textwidth}{...}
>
> \limitatetext{Thus, I came to the conclusion that the designer of a
> new system ...}{.5\textwidth}{...}
>
> \stoptext

Is it an option of which I am aware, yes. Do I desire to use it, no.
Will I use it? Perhaps, if \doboundtext cannot be repaired. The
resulting page with \limitatetext has large rivers of white on the page.

But more likely I will look for a hack to use \doboundtext to trim the
text before writing it to the list, even though it loses the flexibility
of computing the width dynamically.

Can you point to what changed between the 20150325 version and TL15 to
break this?

--
Rik