[NTG-context] Windows GUI installer

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 12:29:15 CEST 2015

Dear Vyatcheslav,

On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 10:07 AM, Vya. Y. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Wiki http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Windows_Installation leads to
> http://minimals.contextgarden.net/setup/context-installer/ which is 404 Not
> Found now. Whom should I contact to return my Windows installer to Web
> again?

I'm the right person to contact, but I didn't see your private message
until today.

The reason why it has been removed is that many people complained
about problems they experienced and the installer has actually led to
more confusions rather than helping people. Because there was no
activity from your side for a very long time, we considered the
project abandoned (like an ancient Mac installer that's also there,
but probably defunct for years).

We can certainly put it back, but we should check first how it works
and most likely some changes will be needed to fix problems that other
people experienced.

Mojca