[NTG-context] Ampersand followed by semicolon in XML: possible bug?

massifr at fastwebnet.it massifr at fastwebnet.it
Tue Sep 29 17:58:56 CEST 2015

Hello list,
I've found what it looks like a bug in XML handling in ConTeXt. Try this:

\startbuffer[test]
<text>
  <!-- with following semicolon: ampersand and semicolon are eaten -->
  <!-- without following semicolon: everything ok -->
  <!-- way around: place a comment after the ampersand -->
</text>
\stopbuffer

\startxmlsetups xml:somesetups
  \xmlsetsetup{#1}{text}{xml:text}
  \xmlsetsetup{#1}{p}{xml:p}
\stopxmlsetups

\xmlregistersetup{xml:somesetups}

\startxmlsetups xml:text
  \xmlflush{#1}
\stopxmlsetups

\startxmlsetups xml:p
  \xmlflush{#1}\par\blank[line]
\stopxmlsetups

\starttext
  \xmlprocessbuffer{main}{test}{}
\stoptext

In the first case, the ampersand and the following semicolon are eaten up.
I've found a way around, until the bug is fixed (if it's a bug and not my
limited knowledge of ConTeXt): put a XML comment after the ampersand,
and everything works as expected.