[NTG-context] suppress header-footers

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 20:33:23 CEST 2015

> Pablo Rodriguez <mailto:oinos at gmx.es>
> 14. September 2015 19:13
>
> Hi Hans,
>
> \setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided] is the command I know to
> work.
>
> You can add either blank or header and footer to page break option, such
> as in:
>
> \setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided]
> \setuphead[chapter][page={yes, header, footer, right}]
> \setupheadertexts[Header]
> \setupfootertexts[Footer]
> \starttext
> \dorecurse{3}{\chapter{Chapter}\noheaderandfooterlines}
> \stoptext
>
> For some strange reason (at least, unknown to me), header and footer
> must be placed before right (if specified at all).
I will explain it for you.

When your text from the previous chapter ends on a right page the "yes" ends
the page end we move to the next left page. With the "header" and "footer"
keywords we disable the header and footer lines on this page. The last
keyword "right" moves us from the now empty left page to the following
right page.

Wolfgang