[NTG-context] Formula numbering

Mari Voipio mari.voipio at iki.fi
Tue Sep 8 13:40:09 CEST 2015

Hello!

I recently had to reformat a document that contains mathematical
notation and I was surprised how easy it was once I got the hang of
it. There's only one tiny problem:

I have one equation inserted with \placeformula. Currently this
formula gets numbered as equation 2.1 as it is in chapter two. I would
prefer it to be called just (1) instead of (2.1).

The display math page at <http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Math/Display>
says to use \setupnumber[formula][way=bysection] to get formulas
numbered by section, but there are no hints on numbering the formulas
with a running number independent of the section numbering.

What am I missing?

Mari