[NTG-context] footnote coloring

dr. Hans van der Meer havdmeer at ziggo.nl
Sun Sep 6 11:11:26 CEST 2015

I want to color all elements of a footnote, but I cannot find how to do this.
Minimal example:

\def\rednumber#1{\color[red]{#1}}
\starttext
\setupfootnotes[textcolor=red,numbercommand=\rednumber,foregroundcolor=red]
This text\footnote{the footnote} contains a footnote.
\stoptext

The footnotenumber in the text is the only element that gets colored because of the [textcolor=red] parameter setting.

In the command reference it is [numbercommand=\rednumber]. Shouldn't that have made the color of the footnotenumber below?

Since \setupfootnotes inherits from setupframed I expected [foregroundcolor=red] to do the trick for the content of the footnote, but it doesn't.

How to?

Hans van der Meer