[NTG-context] About graphictext macro (Metafun)

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Aug 27 09:39:55 CEST 2015

On 8/26/2015 7:12 PM, Fabrice Couvreur wrote:
> Hi,
> I try to understand how this macro by testing a simple example. Why pdf
> file is empty?
> This question follows my question Cover page (Metafun)
> http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2015/083078.html
> Thank you.
>
> \setuppagenumbering[location=]
>
> \setupcolors
>    [state=start]
>
> \setMPtext{text}{MATHEMATIQUES}
>

> \starttext
> \startuseMPgraphic{test}
> picture pic ;
> pic := image(graphictext \MPstring{text}
> withdrawcolor red
> withpen pencircle scaled 1pt ; ) ;
> addto currentpicture also pic ;
> \stopuseMPgraphic
> \stoptext

Do you have pstoedit installed?

Anyway, there is a new mechanism that doesn't depend on additional
programs:

% outlinetext   (text) transformations ;
% outlinetext.d (text) (draw options) transformations ;
% outlinetext.f (text) (fill options) transformations ;
% outlinetext.b (text) (draw options) (fill options) transformations ;
% outlinetext.r (text) (fill options) (draw options) transformations ;

\starttext

\startMPdefinitions
     let graphictext = new_graphictext ;
\stopMPdefinitions

\startMPpage

     draw outlinetext.b
         ("\framed[align=normal]{\input{tufte}}")
         (withcolor .5white)
         (withcolor red withpen pencircle scaled 1/10)
         xsized 10cm ;

\stopMPpage

\startMPpage

     draw outlinetext.r
         ("\framed[align=normal]{\input{tufte}}")
         (withcolor red withpen pencircle scaled 1/10)
         (withcolor .5white)
         xsized 10cm ;

\stopMPpage

\startMPpage

     draw outlinetext.d
         ("\framed[align=normal]{\input{tufte}}")
         (withcolor .5white)
         xsized 10cm ;

\stopMPpage

\startMPpage

     picture p ; p := outlinetext.p("PX") ;

     for i within p :
         draw i withcolor red withpen pencircle scaled 1/10 ;
     endfor ;

\stopMPpage