[NTG-context] Bug: Paragraph formatting on new page after placefigure

Rik Kabel context at rik.users.panix.com
Tue Aug 25 16:14:12 CEST 2015

On 2015-08-25 03:41, Andreas Becker wrote:
> ConTeXt version: 2015.08.21 19:57
>
> In the PDF output of the following code, the first text line on the second page only
> spans half the textwidth. However, below the figure, the text should span the
> whole width.
>
> \starttext
> \placefigure[right][]{caption}
> {
> \externalfigure[nop][width=0.5\textwidth,height=19cm]
> }
> \input lorem
> \input lorem
> \input lorem
> \stoptext

Andreas,

This is a long-recognized issue that appears to have no resolution. It
was previously raised by Gerhard Kugler in March 2007 (figure occupies
space into next page
<http://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context%40ntg.nl/msg21273.html>) and by
me in March 2014 (Caption whitespace overflows page
<http://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context%40ntg.nl/msg73904.html>) and
possibly by others I did not come across.

The only resolution I have found is to reduce the size of the figure
enough to prevent the reserved space from intruding on the text area of
the next page.

--
Rik Kabel