[NTG-context] Set PDF TrimBox

Henning Hraban Ramm texml at fiee.net
Sun Aug 23 16:49:22 CEST 2015

Am 2015-08-21 um 22:53 schrieb Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl>:

> On 8/16/2015 6:33 AM, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
>> Could you please implement this? Should be really easy…
>> I’m tired of fixing the boxes in Acrobat every time.
>> Thank you very much!
>
> The next beta will have this extra 'feature':
>
> \showframe
>
> \setuplayout
>  [location=middle,
>   width=middle,
>   height=middle,
>   cropoffset=auto,
>   trimoffset=1bp,
>   bleedoffset=2bp,
>   artoffset=2bp]
>
> \starttext
>
> \definepapersize[TestA][width=100bp,height=200bp]
> \definepapersize[TestB][width=150bp,height=250bp]
>
> \setuppapersize[TestA][TestB]
>
> test
>
> \stoptext
>
> The auto option only works with layout=middle (message otherwise) as I'm not going to add all kind of extra calculation code to an already bit overloaded mechanism deep down. The offset are accumulative (so crop < trim < bleed < art). In Haralds case cropoffset=auto should be enough. The default crop and trimbox handling is unchanged (as it would complicate my own workflows and also breaks compatibility) so one really needs to set this when it's needed. The already present interactionscreen cropping is unchanged.

Hi Hans, thank you very much for looking into that!
I wikified the box information plus your example at http://wiki.contextgarden.net/PDF_Boxes

Unfortunately, the order (crop < trim < bleed < art) is not so good, it should be (art < crop < trim < bleed) - as I wrote, in PDF/X, ArtBox must be the same as TrimBox, if defined at all. Would you please fix this?

(I don’t know any use of ArtBox - it was meant for imposition, but software will probably look for page contents itself, since ArtBox is mostly undefined.)

Greetlings, Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net
http://wiki.contextgarden.net