[NTG-context] Set PDF TrimBox

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Aug 21 18:53:05 CEST 2015

On 8/16/2015 6:33 AM, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> in May Harald König asked about setting the TrimBox value in PDFs and provided even a patch for lpdf-mis.lua; you promised to look into that, see http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.tex.context/91544/
>
> If there’s only one paper size (from \setuppapersize), TrimBox is the same as CropBox.
>
> If there’s a second paper size (like from \setuppapersize[A4][B4]), TrimBox is the first.
>
> At least if there’s "marking=on|color|..." in \setuplayout, please also set BleedBox, even if we can’t influence the bleed value.
>
> Would be nice if there would be an option to let CropBox be the same as TrimBox or BleedBox.
>
> We don’t need ArtBox (in PDF/X it must not differ from TrimBox, if defined).
>
> Could you please implement this? Should be really easy…
> I’m tired of fixing the boxes in Acrobat every time.
> Thank you very much!

The next beta will have this extra 'feature':

\showframe

\setuplayout
   [location=middle,
    width=middle,
    height=middle,
    cropoffset=auto,
    trimoffset=1bp,
    bleedoffset=2bp,
    artoffset=2bp]

\starttext

\definepapersize[TestA][width=100bp,height=200bp]
\definepapersize[TestB][width=150bp,height=250bp]

\setuppapersize[TestA][TestB]

test

\stoptext

The auto option only works with layout=middle (message otherwise) as I'm
not going to add all kind of extra calculation code to an already bit
overloaded mechanism deep down. The offset are accumulative (so crop <
trim < bleed < art). In Haralds case cropoffset=auto should be enough.
The default crop and trimbox handling is unchanged (as it would
complicate my own workflows and also breaks compatibility) so one really
needs to set this when it's needed. The already present
interactionscreen cropping is unchanged.