[NTG-context] Problem with the installation of a module

Andrea De Michele andrea.demichele at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 08:58:21 CEST 2015

Aditya Mahajan <adityam at umich.edu> writes:

> On Fri, 14 Aug 2015, Andrea De Michele wrote:
>
>> I tried to install the PocketDiary module but I had some problem.
>> I follow the instruction at:
>>
>> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Modules
>>
>> so first I copy the files in my texmf-local directory and after that I run:
>
> You are storing the files according the Tex Directory Structure, right?
Yes. The files are in following two directories.

/home/admich/texlive/texmf-local/tex/context/third/pocketdiary/
/home/admich/texlive/texmf-local/doc/context/third/pocketdiary/

After mktexlsr texdoc find the documentation of the module:

~ $ texdoc -l pocket
 1 /home/admich/texlive/texmf-local/doc/context/third/pocketdiary/t-pocketdiary.pdf
 2 /home/admich/texlive/texmf-local/doc/context/third/pocketdiary/README.txt
Please enter the number of the file to view, anything else to skip:

The problem seems to be in how context find the files path. As you suggested I tried:

~ $ mtxrun --expand-var TEXMFLOCAL

home/admich/texlive/texmf-local

I think that the problem is here. It should be /home/admich/texlive/texmf-local