[NTG-context] \startchemical

Alan BRASLAU alan.braslau at cea.fr
Tue Aug 18 20:01:20 CEST 2015

On Tue, 18 Aug 2015 19:42:20 +0200
Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com> wrote:

> why does \startchemical take the name of a instance as argument (e.g.
> \startchemical[important]) when
> there is no way to create it because \definechemical is redefined and
> the original version isn’t saved.
>
> Even \setupchemical[important][..,..=..,..] can’t be used because it
> doesn’t resolve the parent setting.

I did not realize that \startchemical took the name of an instance as
argument - I have only used it with key=value, i.e.:
\startchemical[...=...]

I suppose that it uses some "standard" mechanisms.

\definechemical[benzene] is different. It gets used as:

\startchemical
    \chemical[benzene,...]
\stopchemical

Perhaps there is some inconsistency with respect to ConTeXt syntax here.

Alan