[NTG-context] Problem with the installation of a module

Andrea De Michele andrea.demichele at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 23:03:45 CEST 2015

I tried to install the PocketDiary module but I had some problem.
I follow the instruction at:

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Modules

so first I copy the files in my texmf-local directory and after that I run:

 context --generate

but context didn't find the new module.

I use linux and I have installed texlive 2015 in my home directory, so my texmf-local directory is /home/admich/texlive/texmf-local

In the output of  context --generate I noticed the following lines:

resolvers       | resolving | locating list of 'home/admich/texlive/texmf-local' (cached)
resolvers       | methods | resolving, method 'locators', how 'uri', handler 'file', argument 'home/admich/texlive/texmf-local'
resolvers       | files | file locator 'home/admich/texlive/texmf-local' not found

This seems not correct because is missing the initial / . For example the following lines are:

resolvers       | resolving | locating list of 'selfautoparent:texmf-dist' (cached)
resolvers       | methods | resolving, method 'locators', how 'uri', handler 'file', argument 'selfautoparent:texmf-dist'
resolvers       | files | file locator 'selfautoparent:texmf-dist' found as '/home/admich/texlive/2015/texmf-dist'
resolvers       | resolving |

with the right initial /

kpathsea find the right $TEXMFLOCAL:

~$ kpsewhich -var-value TEXMFLOCAL