[NTG-context] margindata does not work in latest beta

Schmitz Thomas A. thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Tue Aug 11 11:55:04 CEST 2015

> On 08 Aug 2015, at 15:32, Otared Kavian <otared at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Thomas,
>
> Your file gives the expected result here, with
> 	ConTeXt  ver: 2015.08.05 16:35 MKIV beta  fmt: 2015.8.7  int: english/english
>
> Please see the attached output.
> Best regards: OK

Hi Otared,

and right you are! Must have been a temporary problem with the one beta I was using, thanks for testing!

Which, however, brings me to a similar question: in the following example, which also has columns, the linenumbering doesn’t stop where I would expect. Is this a bug or a limitation of context?

\setuplayout [leftmargin=2cm]

\setupbodyfont [times,10pt]

\setuplinenumbering [step=1,location=inmargin]

\setupcolumns [n=2]

\starttext

\startcolumns
\startlinenumbering
Had we but world enough, and time,

This coyness, Lady, were no crime.

We would sit down and think which way

To walk and pass our long love’s day.

Thou by the Indian Ganges’ side

Shouldst rubies find: I by the tide

Of Humber would complain. I would

Love you ten years before the Flood,

And you should, if you please, refuse
\stoplinenumbering
\column

Till the conversion of the Jews.

My vegetable love should grow

Vaster than empires, and more slow;

An hundred years should go to praise

Thine eyes and on thy forehead gaze;

Two hundred to adore each breast;

But thirty thousand to the rest;

An age at least to every part,

And the last age should show your heart;

For, Lady, you deserve this state,

Nor would I love at lower rate.
\stopcolumns