[NTG-context] color (rendering) intent

Peter Rolf indiego at gmx.net
Mon Aug 10 21:12:50 CEST 2015

Am 10.08.2015 um 18:58 schrieb Hans Hagen:
> On 8/10/2015 5:23 PM, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:

>>> fixed in beta
>>
>> Thank you! So I can document that key for \setupcolors? (Does it do
>> anything? Different from \setupbackend?)
>
> it should add some group info in the pdf

If I remember correctly this sets the complete document (global) to
'overprint' (or 'knockout'). Only useful for grayscale only documents.
Don't set this parameter, if you want to use local overprinting (or
knockout)! There should be a warning about this in the documentation.

The \setupcolors setting is also far older than the PDF/A|X related
output 'intent' parameter in \setupbackend. No direct relation other
than that both parameters are prepress options.

Greetings,  Peter