[NTG-context] issues with typeface selection

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun Aug 9 19:02:17 CEST 2015

On 8/9/2015 4:06 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> On 08/08/2015 04:18 PM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>> [...]
>> All I can tell at the moment is that the problem is related to the “x”
>> font size.
>>
>> \starttext
>>
>> \startxtable
>>      \startxrow
>>          \startxcell[foregroundstyle=\txx] % this fails: foregroundstyle=\tx
>>              \CONTEXT
>>          \stopxcell
>>      \stopxrow
>> \stopxtable
>>
>> \stoptext
>
> Wolfgang,
>
> I’m afraid that compilation also crashes with font commands in
> foregroundstyle:
>
>      \definefontfamily[newtimes][serif][TeX Gyre Termes]
>      \setupbodyfont[palatino, 12pt]
>      \setuphead[section][style=\newtimes\tfx]
>      \starttext
>      \section{Comparision}
>      \startxtable
>      \startxrow
>      \startxcell[foregroundstyle=\newtimes] \ConTeXt\stopxcell
>      \stopxrow
>      \stopxtable
>      \stoptext

hm, hard to catch (esp if we want to do that everywhere it will be a
slow downer) ... i'll do it for cells but so far other mechanisms were
less sensitive for this (we'd need an extension to luatex for handling
such cases ... maybe i'll look into that later)

as i don't upload today you can test

\setupxtable[newtimes][foregroundstyle=\newtimes]
\startxcell[newtimes]                  ...\stopxcell