[NTG-context] Documentation: full list of commands

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun Aug 9 13:28:54 CEST 2015

On 8/9/2015 10:26 AM, juh wrote:
> Hello,
>
> even though the commands in the autogenerated command list
> (http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/qrcs/setup-en.pdf) are not commented
> the document is useful to me.
>
> In a MWE on this list I saw the command \doifoddpage which is not in the
> list.
>
> Wiki and even Google does not find anything about this command. I think
> that I kind of understand the command, but I wonder how many commands
> are out there I've never heard of.
>
> So my question: Is it possible to have a complete list of all commands
> used in ConTeXt?

commands come in layers:

- general low level  : you can find a list of them in mult-low.lua (i
sometimes add to them)

- specific low level : like the one you mention, these are normally
quite stable (read: you can use them as they will stay around), there
are quite some \doif* ones (no list, one needs to look into the source
code re;ated to it) ... i have no time to make a list but if someone ...

- frequently used high level commands with low level fast callers :
\framed sits in this category

- high level commands : lots of \setup, \define, \start and so ... we
share the systematics as much as possible (also options)

- then there are defined commands (and users can add to them) : specific
instances of section heads, verbatim, fonts etc

(some of the more obscure commands are described in articles and
dedicated manuals)