[NTG-context] ebooks

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Aug 7 09:44:00 CEST 2015

Hi,

In

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/amazon-kindle-paperwhite,review-2967.html

I read under "Advanced Typesetting"

... improved character placement and spacing, with advanced kerning and
ligatures ...books with this enhanced typesetting are not easy to find

which makes me wonder: how can an html file (just a char stream)
determine in an epub that kerning/ligaturing is disabled By default?

(I can imagine a css enabling something but still ...)