[NTG-context] Numbering subformulas

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 12:07:18 CEST 2015

> Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. <mailto:LPr at pontex.cz>
> 6. August 2015 11:32
> Hello Wolfgang,
>
> thank you for the patch (not in today's beta); I also attach the
> modified strc-mat.mkiv and a test file.
>
> Two questions:
>
> 1.
>
> What exactly are
>
>   %\startsubformulas[+]       % These two options for \subformulas
>   %\startsubformulas[mylabel] % enable subnumbers for the formulas
>
> intended for?
>
> The simple "\startsubformulas[eq:b]" meets my needs (subformulas are
> sub-numbered) and I can't see any difference to "\startsubformulas[+]".
When you write \startsubformulas[-] the numbers for the formulas aren't
displayed in the output but the counter is still increased. I guess
\startsubformulas[+] is just there for completeness sake because there
are other functions with "-" and "+" options as well.

One difference between \startsubformulas[+] and \startsubformulas[label]
is that the second method creates a label which can be used to refer to
the number of the formula.
> 2.
>
> Is there a way to setup numbering subformulas to "(1a)" form instead
> of "(1.a)", i.e. set the separator to ""?
You have to change the separator list with the numberseparator key for
\setupformulas.

\defineseparatorset[none][][]
\setupformulas[numberseparatorset=none]

Wolfgang