[NTG-context] cross-references between documents in a project (using \useexternaldocument)

talazem at fastmail.fm talazem at fastmail.fm
Wed Aug 5 14:15:20 CEST 2015

Dear all,

I am trying to create cross references between two documents in my project. Links between the two are successfully made, but the actual page numbers are not being printed (which, for my purposes, are what I actually need, not links). Am I doing something wrong, or is this a known bug (such that I should cease my attempts)? Is \useexternaldocument the wrong command for this purpose? Minimum example files below:

% project
\project project_xref
\startproduct prd_xref
\component xref1
\component xref2
\stopproduct

% product
\startproject project_xref
\environment env_xref
\product prd_xref
\stopproject

% environment
\startenvironment env_xref
\setupinteraction
  [state=start,
   style=,
   color=blue,
   contrastcolor=,
   menu=on,
   title=Cross referencing Test File,
   author=Gerard Verhaag]
\stopenvironment

% component1 [xref1]
\project project_xref
\startcomponent xref1
\starttext
\chapter[cross]{Cross referencing}
\chapter[lorem]{Lorem}
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit \in{Chapter}[lorem].
\stoptext
\stopcomponent

% component2 [xref2]
\project project_xref
\startcomponent xref2
\useexternaldocument[xrf][xref1]
\starttext
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit \in{Chapter}[xrf::lorem].
\stoptext
\stopcomponent

All the best,
Talal