[NTG-context] r2l alignment and linenumbering conflict?

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Aug 4 01:30:38 CEST 2015

On 8/3/2015 9:25 PM, Otared Kavian wrote:
> Hi Hans, Idris, Talal,
>
> Some years ago we had a discussion on the issue, but I don’t remember where we ended up…
> In my opinion, I think that the numberings should be maned as follows:
>
> arabicnumerals: should be  ١,٢,٣,٤,٥,٦,٧,٨,٩,٠
>
> persiannumerals: should be ۱ ۲ ۳ ۴ ۵ ۶ ۷ ۸ ۹ ۰
>
> abjadnumerals: should be الف، ب، ج، د، ه، و، ز،…..
>
> As of today it seems that « persiannumerals » results in what should be named abjadnuemrals, and this is not correct.

so you and idris and tatal has to come to some agreement on that

we have these alphabetic ones

arabicnumerals
persiannumerals
arabicexnumerals

and some special ones

abjadnumerals
abjadnodotnumerals

(these use small, medium, large chars and do special things with 10 100
1000)

and now

arabicdecimals
persiandecimals