[NTG-context] Numbering subformulas

Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. LPr at pontex.cz
Mon Aug 3 17:47:46 CEST 2015

Hello,

some more observation:

It seems (sub)numbering (sub)formulas can be achieved enclosing expressions into \start/\stop-align.

I wrote a code based on a test suite file:

	...\test\doc\context\tests\mkiv\math\formulas-001.tex

----
\starttext
   \startsubformulas[eq:sub1]
       \placeformula
           \startformula
               \startalign
                   \NC a_1 x + b_1 y \NC = c_1 \NR[eq:11]
                   \NC a_2 x + b_2 y \NC = c_2 \NR[eq:12]
               \stopalign
           \stopformula
   \stopsubformulas

   \in{eq:11}[eq:11]
   \in{eq:12}[eq:12]

   \placeformula
       \startformula
           \startsubformulas[eq:sub2]
               \startalign
                   \NC a_1 x + b_1 y \NC = c_1 \NR[eq:21]
                   \NC a_2 x + b_2 y \NC = c_2 \NR[eq:22]
               \stopalign
           \stopsubformulas
       \stopformula

   \input knuth

   \placeformula
       \startformula
           \startsubformulas[eq:sub2]
               \startalign
                   \NC a_1 x + b_1 y \NC = c_1 \NR[eq:31]
                   \NC a_2 x + b_2 y \NC = c_2 \NR[eq:32]
               \stopalign
           \stopsubformulas
       \stopformula

   \in{eq:31}[eq:31]
   \in{eq:32}[eq:32]
\stoptext
----

Problems are:

1. I am not able to make numbering of eq:31 and eq:32 continue on eq:22, so to have equations numbered:

	1a, 1b; 2a, 2b; 2c, 2d

instead of:

	1a, 1b; 2a, 2b; 3a, 3b

(Some text - here: knuth - between 2b and 3a/2c is required.)

(I played with commenting some combinations of lines but with no success.)

So - is there a way how to continue numbering subformulas (after some inserted text) - something like itemizing has \startitemize[continue]?

2. How to affect the numbering style to be "1a" instead "1.a"?

3. @Hans: The test suite file:

	...\test\doc\context\tests\mkiv\math\subformulas-001.tex

compiles, but gives "no-reference" "??".

(
The example on wiki:

	http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Math/Display#Automatic_Sub-Formula_Numbering

seems to be very ancient as it GIVES the desired result.
)

Lukas

Ing. Lukáš Procházka | mailto:LPr at pontex.cz
Pontex s. r. o.      | mailto:pontex at pontex.cz | http://www.pontex.cz