[NTG-context] r2l alignment and linenumbering conflict?

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Mon Aug 3 17:19:21 CEST 2015

On 8/3/2015 3:54 PM, talazem at fastmail.fm wrote:
> I am having problems with the directionality of numbers and mirrored
> characters (like parentheses). When using bidi, the numbers are inverted
> (5102 instead of 2015); with the explicit commands, the mirrored
> characters are inverted as well.

we have several approaches:

the oldest method is based on some heuristics and targets at tex input
in the sense that we assume tagging and directional switches

the other two are unicode bidi based (successive versions and there
might be more as that evolves)

in any case, everything bidi / rl has to fit into some system and that's
something idris and i are working on (well, we did at some point but we
need to pick up that thread) ... so maybe you can trigger idris into
onthology mode and help him