[NTG-context] footnotes when using RtL (Arabic)

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 19:54:55 CEST 2015

> Pablo Rodriguez <mailto:oinos at gmx.es>
> 30. Juli 2015 16:26
>
> I wonder whether there is a bug somewhere in notes, because you may have
> r2l notations, but the notes paragraph is built l2r:
>
> \setuppapersize[A6]
> \starttext \showframe
>
> \definenote[afootnote][rule={on,right}, paragraph=yes]
> \definenotation[afootnote][align=r2l]
>
> \startalignment[r2l]
> Testing.\afootnote{This is footnote one.}
> Testing testing.\afootnote{This is footnote two.}
> Testing testing testing.\afootnote{This is footnote three.}
> \stopalignment
>
> \stoptext
Can you test the following patch.

\unprotect

\def\strc_notes_flush_global
   {\begingroup
    \useinterlinespaceparameter\noteparameter
    \doifelse{\noteparameter\c!paragraph}\v!yes
      {%\vbox\starthboxestohbox
       \vbox\ifconditional\displaylefttoright \else dir TRT
\fi\starthboxestohbox

\iftrialtypesetting\unvcopy\else\unvbox\fi\currentnoteinsertionnumber
       \stophboxestohbox}

{\iftrialtypesetting\unvcopied\else\unvboxed\fi\currentnoteinsertionnumber}%
    \endgroup}

\protect

%\setupalign[righttoleft]

\setupnote[footnote][paragraph=yes,align=righttoleft]
\setupnotation[footnote][align=righttoleft]

\showframe

\starttext

First note.\footnote{This is the first footnote.}
Second note.\footnote{This is the second footnote.}

\stoptext

Wolfgang