[NTG-context] Printing bibliographic entries without the full publication list

Robert Blackstone blackstone.robert at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 15:26:02 CEST 2015

On 29 Jul 2015, at 12:00 , Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Dear Hans & Alan,
>
> I would like to manually print the selected list of publications, like this:
>
> \usebtxdataset[items.bib]
> \usebtxdefinitions[aps]
> \starttext
> \startitemize
> \item \cite[entry][bib1]
> \item some random text
> \item \cite[entry][bib5]
> \stopitemize
> \stoptext
>
> The problem is that this doesn't print anything unless I add
> \placelistofpublications somewhere.
>
> While I do understand (to some extent at least) the rationale for not
> printing the number of bib item when \placelistofpublications is
> missing, I don't see any reason why I should be unable to print the
> complete publication that doesn't even require printing out any
> number.
>
> Any hints about how to do a workaround?

Hi Mojca,
Despite being neither Hans nor Alan I could perhaps offer you the possibility of a simple workaround,

I think you could do what you need in the same way as when you put bibliographic references in a footnote.
So in your case it would be:

\startitemize
\item \dcite{citekey1}
item some random text
\item \dcite{citekey2}
\stopitemize

In any case this works for me but my bibliographic setup may be different from yours.
I hope it helps,

Best regards,
Robert Blackstone