[NTG-context] issues with bookmarks

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Mon Jul 27 19:34:42 CEST 2015

On 7/27/2015 4:13 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> On 07/27/2015 02:47 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> On 7/26/2015 8:01 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
>>> Hans,
>>>
>>> sorry for the long message, but I’m afraid that bookmarks have some issues.
>>>
>>> 1. When specifying sectionblocks, bookmarks for parts don’t contain
>>> chapters as child elements:
>>>
>>>       \setupinteraction[state=start]
>>>       \placebookmarks[part, chapter][part, chapter]
>>>       \setuphead[part][placehead=yes]
>>>       \starttext
>>>       \startfrontmatter
>>>       \chapter{Foreword}
>>>       \chapter{Introduction}
>>>       \stopfrontmatter
>>>       \startbodymatter
>>>       \part{First Part}
>>>       \chapter{First Chapter}
>>>       \chapter{Second Chapter}
>>>       \part{Second Part}
>>>       \chapter{Third Chapter}
>>>       \chapter{Fourth Chapter}
>>>       \stopbodymatter
>>>       \stoptext
>>
>> In SumatraPDF (which i use mostly) and Acrobat I see
>>
>>    Foreword
>>    Introduction
>>    1 First Part
>>    1.1 First Chapter
>>    1.2 Second Chapter
>>    2 Second Part
>>    2.1 Third Chapter
>>    2.2 Fourth Chapter
>>
>> I remember a thread about bugged viewers so maybe your viewer is not ok.
>
> Hans,
>
> evince shows the same output. But the bookmarks are wrong in all viewers.
>
> I’m afraid that issue 1 shows uncontained bookmarks. The first and
> second code samples from #1 are wrong and the third code sample from #1
> is right.
>
> Issue 2 misplaced bookmarks and issue 3 shows wrong indented bookmarks.
>
> Sorry but I’m afraid that the issues may be bugs.

Hm, the bookmarks themselves are okay but you mean the collapsing of
them. That is a side effect of lack of parts in the preceding block. I
have a fix for that but of course I don't know it there are other side
effects. There is only so much one can do with such structures.

The other issue, the copyright one, is a result of putting something
outside the blocks and as we default to frontpart you effectively end up
with a mixed block structure in the lists

bodypart .. frontpart .. bodypart

\starttext
\setsectionblock[frontpart]
\hiddentitle{[Copyright1]}

fixes this. Anyway, I tried to make that kind of automatic now but it's
a real ugly hack (one of these things a reader of the code will wonder
about why it's there and also one of things i will forget about after a
while).

I'll make a beta later. Not much testing at my end.