[NTG-context] Math literal colon

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Jul 24 11:43:41 CEST 2015

On 7/20/2015 6:22 PM, Hans Aberg wrote:

>> On 20 Jul 2015, at 17:43, Manuel Blanco <manuelbl at ucm.es> wrote:
>>
>> Well, you can make the colon active in math mode and then let it output \colon.
>>
>> This is a TeX way, I don't know if there's a ConTeXt way for this:
>>
>>     \begingroup\lccode`\~=`\:\lowercase{\endgroup
>>       \let~}\colon
>>     \mathcode`\:="8000 %
>
> For some reason, the colon in ConTeXt is larger relative LuaTeX.

you probably mean latex (macro package) here as luatex (engine) itself
doesn't do anything

keep in mind that context implements much of math in a complete
different way, so solutions for problems or wishes are done differently
too; in this case we try to use unicode and some lua magic instead of
character juggling at the tex end

we also need to keep in mind that characters have to behave well in
tagged pdf and exports and so