[NTG-context] reverse page order and reverse page numbering in one part of a book

Thomas A. Schmitz thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Wed Jul 22 14:54:17 CEST 2015

On 07/22/2015 02:45 PM, Alan BRASLAU wrote:
> The
> project/product/component mechanism can help somewhat. I also know that
> Thomas had written a streams module to handle the synchronization of
> texts. However, I am not so sure how to go about this in a real,
> full-fledged case with a complicated text.

Correction: "Thomas had a streams module written (by Hans)." I used it
for a bilingual document for my course material, but in the end, it
turned out that using it for a "real" book would have been extremely
complex. In my field, there are numerous books with a bilingual layout,
but I guess they are all still handcrafted, i.e. manual page breaks etc.
I just shudder to think what would happen if someone has to add three
words on page 3 of such a book - they would have to redo every single
darn pagebreak?

Thomas