[NTG-context] SyncTeX (TeXworks) - \enabledirectives[system.synctex]

Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. LPr at pontex.cz
Sat Jul 18 09:40:23 CEST 2015

Hello,

two questions related to SyncTeX (and maybe on TeXworks):

1. The following code:

----
\enabledirectives[system.synctex]

\starttext
   Hello!
   \startluacode % line 6
     context("Something")
   \stopluacode
\stoptext
----

doesn't produce SyncTeX file (SyncTeX.synctex.gz).

When I compile the file with "context.exe --synctex" option, the file is produced.

Does it mean that "\enabledirectives[system.synctex]" is deprecated?

2. In the code above, text "Hello!" is generated in "normal TeX scope" whilst "Something" is generated from within Lua.

When I click "Jump to source" from TeXworks editor and previewer, jumping from "Something" works well and goes to the source "SyncTeX.mkiv" correctly.

"Jumping to source" from "Something" yields "Cannot read file <directory-of-the-source-file>" error (see attached picture).

I don't know whether this relates to ConTeXt or rather TeXworks;
for the case it should relate to ConTeXt, would it be possible generate an anchor (e.g.) to the nearest encapsulating \startluacode (if present; or \ctxlua, \cldcontext and so), so that "Jump to source" over "Something" would jump to \startluacode on "line 6"?

Best regards,

Lukas

Ing. Lukáš Procházka | mailto:LPr at pontex.cz
Pontex s. r. o.      | mailto:pontex at pontex.cz | http://www.pontex.cz