[NTG-context] Math - how to mix fonts?

Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. LPr at pontex.cz
Fri Jul 17 10:30:41 CEST 2015

Hello,

I am not very familiar with mixing fonts in math. I would need to mix several font styles:

1. "normal" (default - slanted, serif) for general variables,
2. slanted serif bold for vectors,
3. slanted sans bold for varieties.

In the following snippet, the right fonts are displayed in the \text scope, but not in the math:

----
\definetypeface[boldmath][mm][boldmath][latin-modern][default]

\starttext
   \startformula
     \text{\sl 1. Normal:}\quad Abcd \alpha
   \stopformula

   \startformula
     \text{\bs 2. Bold:}\quad\boldmath{Abcd \alpha}
   \stopformula

   \startformula
     \text{\bs\ss 3. SansBold:}\quad\ss\boldmath{Abcd \alpha}
   \stopformula
\stoptext
----

You can see that \boldmath has no effect (although "\definetypeface[boldmath][mm][boldmath][latin-modern][default]" was used, as described on http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Bold_Math ).

So - what is the best way to define (enable) and use fonts styles 1.-3. in math?

(
Notes:
- The font must allow to type Greek letters - \alpha.
- Other font(s) than LatinModern may be used for math, if it enables bold and sans switching.
)

Best regards,

Lukas

Ing. Lukáš Procházka | mailto:LPr at pontex.cz