[NTG-context] new beta

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 17:23:30 CEST 2015

Pablo Rodriguez schrieb:
> On 07/11/2015 02:32 PM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>> [...]
>> 1. Does the same happen with other fonts in this folder.
>>
>> 2. What happens when you put the fonts in your local TeX directory (or
>> texmf-fonts/fonts/opentype of your context installation).
>
> Many thanks for your replies, Thomas and Wolfgang.
>
> My font directory /usr/share/fonts/ousia/ is actually a symlink to
> /home/ousia/Documents/ousia-fonts/.
>
> It worked fine until newotf. I replaced the symlink. Now the font
> directory points to tex/texmf-fonts.
>
> After changing this, both the sample I provided and the one from
> Wolfgang work fine.
>
> I wonder why symlinks aren’t followed in the first case.
>
> But I’m afraid I have a problematic font:
>
> otf reader>  fatal error in file
> '/home/ousia/ctxbeta/tex/texmf-fonts/ousia-fonts/Mechanica.otf':
> .../ctxbeta/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/util-fil.lua:24: table
> index is nil
>
> I converted it from the typewritten fonts that came with txfonts.
>
> What is wrong in the font?

It works for me when I use the Postscript files from the txfonts
package, you need the following files:

- txbtt.afm
- txbtt.pfb
- txbttsc.afm % Only needed when you want bold smallcaps
- txbttsc.pfb % Only needed when you want bold smallcaps
- txtt.afm
- txtt.pfb
- txttsc.afm % Only needed when you want smallcaps
- txttsc.pfb % Only needed when you want smallcaps

To use them put the files in your local TeX directory
(e.g. texmf-fonts/fonts/data).

%%%% begin example
\definefontfamily
   [txfont]