[NTG-context] new beta

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at gmx.es
Sat Jul 11 16:27:10 CEST 2015

> [...]
> 1. Does the same happen with other fonts in this folder.
>
> 2. What happens when you put the fonts in your local TeX directory (or
> texmf-fonts/fonts/opentype of your context installation).

Many thanks for your replies, Thomas and Wolfgang.

My font directory /usr/share/fonts/ousia/ is actually a symlink to
/home/ousia/Documents/ousia-fonts/.

It worked fine until newotf. I replaced the symlink. Now the font
directory points to tex/texmf-fonts.

After changing this, both the sample I provided and the one from
Wolfgang work fine.

I wonder why symlinks aren’t followed in the first case.

But I’m afraid I have a problematic font:

otf reader      > fatal error in file
'/home/ousia/ctxbeta/tex/texmf-fonts/ousia-fonts/Mechanica.otf':
.../ctxbeta/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/util-fil.lua:24: table
index is nil

I converted it from the typewritten fonts that came with txfonts.

What is wrong in the font?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--