[NTG-context] new beta

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at gmx.es
Sat Jul 11 13:15:40 CEST 2015

On 07/11/2015 10:53 AM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 7/11/2015 7:17 AM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
>> [...]
>> I’m afraid that newotf crashes with this sample:
>> [...]
> define crashes ... i donwloaded the font, ran mtxrun --generate and
> remade the font database and this works:
>
>      [GFS Didot Classic]

I have this font installed too and I’m afraid it gives the same error.

The fonts I meant are these ones:
http://www.greekfontsociety.gr/GFS_DIDOT_OT.zip. (GFS Didot Classic is a
slightly different font.)

With crashing I meant no PDF generation because a not found font. The
font is there (log attached):

$ fc-list GFSDidot
/usr/share/fonts/ousia/GFSDidotBoldItalic.otf: GFS Didot:style=Bold Italic
/usr/share/fonts/ousia/GFSDidotBold.otf: GFS Didot,GFS Didot Rg:style=Bold
/usr/share/fonts/ousia/GFSDidotItalic.otf: GFS Didot:style=Italic
/usr/share/fonts/ousia/GFSDidot.otf: GFS Didot:style=Regular

And if I don’t load the newotf module, the font is loaded fine:

used file       >    7: filename=/usr/share/fonts/ousia/GFSDidot.otf
format=otf foundname=/usr/share/fonts/ousia/GFSDidot.otf usedmethod=direct

This is weird, since if I load a non-existent font (such as
Impossibila), compilation generates a PDF file. No glyph replacement, of
course,

Sorry, but not even adding either of this options works with newotf:

    tf=file:GFSDidot.otf

    tf=style:regular

What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks for your help,