[NTG-context] new beta

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sat Jul 11 10:53:21 CEST 2015

On 7/11/2015 7:17 AM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> On 07/11/2015 01:33 AM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> On 7/10/2015 5:05 PM, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> resolvers       > modules > 'newotf' is not found
>>
>> i had a typo in the zip maker ... that file is missing (the rest is there)
>>
>> (i've send the file send in another mail to list)
>
> Many thanks for the module file, Hans.
>
> I’m afraid that newotf crashes with this sample:
>
>      \definefallbackfamily
>          [mainface]
>          [rm]
>          [GFS Didot]
>          [preset=range:greek]
>
>      \definefontfamily
>          [mainface]
>          [rm]
>          [TeX Gyre Pagella]
>
>      \setupbodyfont
>          [mainface]
>
>      \starttext
>      αβγ
>      \stoptext

define crashes ... i donwloaded the font, ran mtxrun --generate and
remade the font database and this works:

     [GFS Didot Classic]

There can be some subtle differences in names (i checked all 2000 fonts
on my machine) which is due to the fact that we stay a bit closer to the
originals (in the ff approach quite some juggling with names happens,
the same is true for glyph names). We now a bit closer to the otf spec
(i hope).