[NTG-context] (announcement) from pandoc to ConTeXt

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 19:05:56 CEST 2015

> Pablo Rodriguez <mailto:oinos at gmx.es>
> 9. Juli 2015 18:32
> Dear list,
>
> this is a bit weird, because the vast majority of the list members are
> way forward in the path of ConTeXt knowledge than myself.
>
> But just in case you were interested, I created an environment to
> typeset XHTML generated by pandoc with ConTeXt MkIV.
>
> Here you have the websites:
>
> http://www.from-pandoc-to-context.tk
> https://github.com/ousia/from-pandoc-to-context

Just a few comments on your code.

1. When you use \vfill at the begin of a makeup environment you don’t
need \mbox and a ConTeXt user would use \dontleavehmode instead of \mbox.

2. To create a language dependant header for the TOC etc. you can use
the \headtext command, e.g.

     \title{\headtext{content}}
     \placelist[part,chapter]

3. Be careful when you use _ in command names, e.g. \TOC_Title because
it your case you created the command \TOC followed by the string “_Title”.

4. Better use \crlf to force a line break for the <br/> tag because \\
can produce different results depending in the environment.

5. Use \define[2]\... or \unexpanded\def\... to create your \href command.

6. ConTeXt already has a \url command.

7. Your \url command has two font changes (\tt and \hw) and one should
be removed.

Wolfgang