[NTG-context] Math alignment

Hans Aberg haberg-1 at telia.com
Tue Jul 7 10:30:49 CEST 2015

> On 7 Jul 2015, at 04:46, Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The spacing is different in cases - TeX also has such a variation. Specifically, there is extra space before the conditionals.
>>
>> In addition, it seems \startmathcases ... \stopmathcases is not working with UTF-8: in the example below, the ω’s on the second line, after the arrows, disappear in my PDF.
> This is explained in section 8 of the document:

FYI, the TeX Live 2015 version from 2007 called context-latex-math.pdf does not have ch. 8.

>     There are two ways of specifying the second column — \MC (Math Column)
>     and \NC (New Column). If \MC is used, the second column is in \math mode,
>     with \NC it is in ‘text mode’.

I get errors when using \MC - see example below.

But the spacing is wrong: too much between the two components. These are not cases, but aligned formulas: one might have a number of alignments, not just one. And I just happen to use left braces on them.

----
\starttext

\startformula
 J^j:\startmathcases\NC ω^0 \MC → 0 \NR \NC ω^j \MC → 0 \stopmathcases \quad
  \startmathcases \NC ω^k \MC → ω^l \NR \NC ω^l \MC → -ω^k \stopmathcases
\stopformula

\stoptext
----