[NTG-context] Math alignment

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 04:46:05 CEST 2015

> Hans Aberg <mailto:haberg-1 at telia.com>
> 7. Juli 2015 01:46
> [I do not get copies from the list, though having signed up.]
>

> The spacing is different in cases - TeX also has such a variation.
> Specifically, there is extra space before the conditionals.
>
> In addition, it seems \startmathcases ... \stopmathcases is not
> working with UTF-8: in the example below, the ω’s on the second line,
> after the arrows, disappear in my PDF.
This is explained in section 8 of the document:

     There are two ways of specifying the second column — \MC (Math Column)
     and \NC (New Column). If \MC is used, the second column is in \math
mode,
     with \NC it is in ‘text mode’.
> ----
> \startformula
> J^j:\startmathcases\NC ω^0 \NC→ 0 \NR \NC ω^j \NC→ 0 \stopmathcases \quad
> \startmathcases \NC ω^k \NC→ ω^l \NR \NC ω^l \NC→ -ω^k \stopmathcases
> \stopformula
> ----
Please send always working minimal examples like this:

\starttext

\startformula
     J^j :
     \startmathcases[distance=\spaceamount]