[NTG-context] Math alignment

Hans Aberg haberg-1 at telia.com
Tue Jul 7 01:46:06 CEST 2015

[I do not get copies from the list, though having signed up.]

Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

>> On 6 Jul 2015, at 11:24, Hans Aberg <haberg-1 at telia.com> wrote:
>>
>> The example below shows the intended output when using original TeX code (compiled with  ‘context' of TeX Live 2015): a pair of left braced formulas. The first comment shows what works in AMS-LaTeX.
>>
>> However, when trying similar ConTeXt commands, I get the error shown in the comment below. What ConTeXt command might use here?
>
> Take a look at the wiki page [1] for multiline equations and also the
> linked PDF at the start of the page.
>
> [1]
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Multiline_equations#Cases

The spacing is different in cases - TeX also has such a variation. Specifically, there is extra space before the conditionals.

In addition, it seems \startmathcases ... \stopmathcases is not working with UTF-8: in the example below, the ω’s on the second line, after the arrows, disappear in my PDF.

----
\startformula
 J^j:\startmathcases\NC ω^0 \NC→ 0 \NR \NC ω^j \NC→ 0 \stopmathcases \quad
  \startmathcases \NC ω^k \NC→ ω^l \NR \NC ω^l \NC→ -ω^k \stopmathcases
\stopformula
----