[NTG-context] font features in XeTeX

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 15:56:03 CEST 2015

> Robert Zydenbos <mailto:context at zydenbos.net>
> 6. Juli 2015 12:15
>
> I would like to, but I need to use TrueType fonts for Indian scripts in
> my work that are supported in XeTeX but not (yet) in LuaTeX.
>
> As an experiment, I tried to use the so-called 'long s' in a Fraktur
> font, which comes out well in XeTeX with LaTeX, but I must be doing
> something wrong in ConTeXt.
>
> Robert
>
> Example:
>
> % The 'StylisitcSet 11' in the font UnifrakturMaguntia should contain
> the so-called 'long s'.
> % Somehow it doesn't work.
>
> \starttext
>
> \definetypeface [hauptfont] [rm] [Xserif] [Charis SIL]
> \definetypeface [schoenfont] [rm] [Xserif] [UnifrakturMaguntia]
> [default] [features={StylisticSet=11}]
>
> \switchtobodyfont [hauptfont]
> Dies ist mit Features, denke ich.
>
> {\switchtobodyfont [schoenfont] Und jetzt schreiben wir etwas in
> Fraktur, das ist ja schöner.}
>
> \stoptext
Below is a MkIV example where I enabled the Stylistic Set 11 for the
Fraktur font.

\definefontfeature [longs] [ss11=yes]

\definefontfamily [hauptfont]  [rm] [Charis SIL]
\definefontfamily [schoenfont] [rm] [Unifraktur Maguntia]
[features={default,longs}]

\setupbodyfont[hauptfont]

\starttext

Dies ist mit Features, denke ich.

{\switchtobodyfont[schoenfont]Und jetzt schreiben wir etwas in Fraktur,
das ist ja schöner.}

\stoptext

Wolfgang